December 14, 2008

Oh, the challenges of motherhood

I'm sitting here at midnight watching Allison sleep. She's the latest one to catch some bug we have floating around our house. Randy and Andrew were both sick yesterday. Throwing up all day long. I felt so bad for Andrew. He had no idea what was happening. He's only vomited once before and this time was really really bad. I spent the whole night doing laundry and taking care of Andrew who just wanted loved on (in return, I was puked on multiple times) then I had Allison who couldn't stay asleep from all the noise and the girls were here as well. Poor Randy was stuck up in bed all day and couldn't be of any help.
Finally, at about 4am, Andrew stopped throwing up and I finally put him in bed. He woke up today feeling puny, but keeping food down. Same with Randy. They both kind of lounged around today. Then tonight, Allison decides it's her turn. I felt so bad for her and actually started crying just watching her (5 months old) throw up. Poor thing. She is my little trooper though and smiled throughout the whole ordeal. So with 5 hours of sleep last night, I'm still taking care of a sick baby. I want to watch her sleep since she's on her back. My fear is that she'll choke on it. So she's laying right beside me in her bassinet.
I'm the only one who hasn't had it yet. I'm afraid I'll wake up in the morning sick after Randy is gone for the day. That would be my luck.
I actually feel really blessed though. This is the first time that I've ever had to stay up with a sick kid and Andrew is almost 20 months old. They are both really healthy and Andrew has only really been sick one other time with just the sniffles.

First, Heather *Haynay Designs* has a new kit in her store at Scrap Matters:


Here are my pages using it:

http://www.scrapmatters.com/gallery3/showphoto.php/photo/17007/ppuser/364

http://www.scrapmatters.com/gallery3/showphoto.php/photo/17006/ppuser/364

I did the nighttime speed scrap last week and this is what I came up with using Erica Zane's Woodland Fantasy kit.

http://www.scrapmatters.com/gallery3/showphoto.php/photo/16958/ppuser/364
I've started shopping at Scrap Orchard here recently and stumbled across Ziggle Designs - A New Leaf kit, which I love. I can see me using it lots:
I got this kit free at Funky Playground when I purchased another kit by Corina Nielson:
I was RAK'd by Matahati Designs and picked up the goodies to make this layout:

http://www.scrapmatters.com/gallery3/showphoto.php/photo/17257/ppuser/364
Here's another page using Matahati's All That's Fall kit. I just love these pics of Emma:

http://www.scrapmatters.com/gallery3/showphoto.php/photo/17194/ppuser/364

I bought the new Heaven & Nature Sing kit by Krystal Hartley and made this cute little layout of Allison:
I need to go finish up the laundry that I started earlier. I swear, the stuff multiplies overnight.

No comments: