July 8, 2011

A little of what I've been up to

First of all, thanks so much for everyone who took the time to comment about my last post! I honestly had no idea that I'd be missed or that anyone would still be wondering about me with so many other designers out there. It means a lot to me so thank you!

I just wanted to share with all of you what I've been up to for the past several months.


We planted a garden around the middle of May and it is a MAJOR time consumer, but so worth it. This picture was taken at the end of June and surprisingly everything has like tripled in size. We've already picked all of our iceberg and romaine lettuce, broccoli and cauliflower. We've also picked some peppers, okra, zucchini, okra, cucumbers and a handful of green beans.
I've never been one that like to play in the dirt, but this garden has really changed me. I'm even entering it now with no gloves even though there are bugs in there. Don't get me wrong, sometimes things get on me and make be do the heeby jeeby dance, but it's not as bad as I thought it was. I have a feeling we're going to have an over-abundance of everything, so if anyone has any good recipes, please link me up!

For any of you that have been following my blog for a while, can you believe this little girl is now three?!?!? Where has the time gone and how'd did she get that big so fast?

Thing 1 had a birthday in April and he's now four! I remember in my pre-kid days parents saying how shocked they were that their "babies" were growing up and I used to think to myself, get over it, that's what happens. Now I totally get how they were feeling. It just seems like they were teeny tiny babies.

I've also been giving my sewing machine a good workout. I've made pretty much anything you can think of making, but I love making little dresses for thing 2 and bags of any kind! I've tried to make clothing for me and it always ends being an epic fail.





At the beginning of the year, I kind of shifted gears to try to work with what I've got. This has sort of been hard for our family, only because we always had the means to get what we wanted so trying to go without some things have proved harder on some of us. I've let go of a lot of things that I thought I needed and find a cheaper alternative to the things that we actually do need. I'm still going with it and it's surprising the amount of money we've saved by not buying ziploc bags or laundry soap and using fabric baggies or containers and homemade detergents instead.

So that's my life in a nutshell. Nothing too exciting ever goes on around here, but I honestly prefer it that way.

Look at you, you've made it all the way to the end of this post! How about another freebie?

Click HERE or on the image to download.

Link

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Count me in as one of those followers, although I didn't post earlier in the week. I think it was just the day before that post that I was telling my favorite friend and scrap buddy how much I missed your designs. I was pulling "Old Glory" out of my stash to use for a project this week. Fabulous kit!

Thanks for the new freebies!

And that purse/bag in this post is A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the freebies! Glad to see you back! I have loved your previous kits!

The Crypto-Knight said...

The only thing annoying about my basement suite -- is the lack of area I could use to garden. Though I guess in fairness, I have so much going on - I'd never have time to garden anyhow.

Nancy said...

Love the papers - thank you for sharing!