April 11, 2009

My round two submission is up!

Okay everyone, I've posted my round two submission over at Funky Playground! I'm really happy with the way this came out and really had to make myself stop working on it. I could've made a ginormous kit with this theme, but the challenge was only 3 patterns, 1 solid, 6 elements and an alpha. I'm thinking I'm going to have to make some add ons now to coordinate. The inspiration from this kit came from my kids and their love to eat. I've had the highchair out for almost two years now. I'm so ready to put it in storage, but miss Allison will be in it for a while. Andrew has always been a good eater and until recently would eat anything you put in front of him. Allison will eat anything but pineapple and green beans.
Image is linked to Funky Playground. You must be registered in their gallery to view.


I've even scrapped a two pager which is rare for me. Here's Andrew at seven months eating chunky baby food. My childhood nickname was messy marvin for obvious reasons. It's still fits me now which is kind of sad. I've also passed on this nickname to Andrew. It fits him well too.
In other news, tonight is the first time I have ever been at home without kids. I really don't know what to do with myself. We dropped them off at my mom's so we could go out to dinner and go grocery shopping and she asked if she could keep them and I said yes. I'm worried sick and I know they are with my mom and I trust her, but the only times Andrew has been away from me overnight was the two nights after I had Allison when we were in the hospital and the two nights Allison spent at Riley Children's Hospital in September. She has never been away from me. This will be the first night in two years that I haven't had a kid in my bed!! How will I sleep without being kicked in the stomach, poked in my eye or pulling on my face??? R already went to bed and I am getting uninterrupted computer time. I may just scrap a page.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful kit! I just love all the colors!! I have never spent a night away from my kids either...except when I was in the hospital having my second! And he's 10 months old now (my daughters 2)...I'm about ready for a night long break! :) Hope you enjoyed your kid free night! :)

agravette said...

Sarah, this is too precious! Thank you so much for creating it and sharing it with everyone. I'm rooting for you! Good luck!

Beantown Grasshopper said...

You did an awesome job. Makes me wish I still had little ones.

Talia French said...

I love the playfulness of this kit. It's perfect for scrapping my daughter's adventures with solids. Thanks for sharing!

Lizzy said...

Congrats on making it to round 2! I love this mini kit, my daughter is 9 months and just recently started eating solids... so it's perfect for me! Thanks!

OneBigTallGirl said...

OMG Sarah Your designs skills are just awesome! great job!